The holiday season is an exciting time here at Walmart Marketplace filled with opportunities for sellers. To help you make the most of it, we’ve gathered the latest tips and tools to have at your disposal. From pricing to returns, and everything between, you’ll find the latest information and tactics in this checklist: Pricing, Listing Quality, Sponsored Products, Shipping, Returns, Customer Service
Spread joy. Increase sales.
Prepare your catalog for the holidays by keeping a close eye on pricing and promotions. Take your efforts up a notch and strategically price your products to delight shoppers and help drive more sales.
- Attract customers with promotions and best-of-web deals during special holiday sales events with Reduced Price and Clearance flags and strikethrough pricing.
- Prioritize having the best-of-web price for key items and top-sellers to win the Buy Box nationwide and help drive sales.
- Utilize the Repricer to close the gap between your prices and competitors’ prices to help drive more sales. This automated-pricing tool helps you stay ahead of the competition in a world where online prices are constantly changing.
- The Pricing Opportunities Dashboard highlights opportunities to make your prices more competitive. You can update the items individually or in bulk right from the dashboard.
Shine bright with high-quality listings
Get your listings in sparkling shape and remove the guesswork with our free Listing Quality Dashboard.
- Gain the Pro Seller Badge when you meet the criteria*, including a Listing Quality Score of at least 70% for 60% of your trending catalog.
*Subject to modification at any time
- Be sure to have clear Titles, Descriptions, Images, and Attributes for all your listings.
- Include at least 4 high-resolution, professional photos.
- Earn 2-Day Shipping and Fulfilled by Walmart tags when you enroll in Walmart Fulfillment Services for increased product visibility and improved conversion.
- Ramp up your inventory and monitor in-stock rates to avoid overselling. Use the Unpublished Items dashboard to address any unpublished listings.
- Pay close attention to customer experience metrics like ratings, reviews, Order Defect Rate (ODR), and policy adherence.
- Consider leveraging review syndication to help boost your sales.
Connect with more customers and make your products stand out by leveraging Walmart Sponsored Products.
- Promote your top-selling items with Sponsored Products ads.
- Prioritize keywords that drive clicks and conversions. Use the Keyword and Item Keyword Reports from your Sponsored Products Performance Dashboard to identify the keywords that perform best. Include these keywords throughout your item pages.
- Start planning search campaigns at least four weeks in advance to test bid ranges and daily budget caps, harvest keywords and ensure page content is retail ready.
Give the gift of fast shipping
Fast delivery can help you convert more customers during the holidays and throughout the year. Choose your preferred delivery program from our portfolio of shipping solutions.
- Leverage Walmart Fulfillment Services to offer delivery in as fast as one to two days and let us pick, pack, store, and ship your holiday orders.
Items fulfilled by WFS see a 50% lift in Gross Merchandise Value (GMV) on average. Find out more ways WFS can help you elevate your business here.
- Optimize your shipping settings with custom Shipping Templates for improved catalog performance.
- Enable free TwoDay and ThreeDay Delivery nationwide or regionally to improve your product visibility and conversion.
- Diversify your portfolio of shipping carriers, or upgrade shipping methods to prepare for last-minute shopping.
- Extend your shipping cutoff dates if possible.
- Follow our packaging rules and ship the same business day with valid tracking.
Stay on the ‘nice’ list
Customer service is even more important this time of year.
- Provide excellent customer service within 48 hours (including weekends).
- Acknowledge and empathize with the customer’s issue.
- Maintain professionalism in your responses by double-checking grammar & spelling.
- Use pre-written templates in Message Center to quickly respond.
- All messages require a response, so please monitor the Message Center frequently.
- Keep your information up to date in Seller Center to help customers and Walmart reach you when needed.
Make returns easy for your customers
Not every gift can be a perfect fit, but an easy returns experience can leave a good impression.
- Delight customers with longer return windows if you haven’t already. Review your Returns settings in your Partner Profile.
- Most Marketplace orders shipped through WFS are included in our Free & Easy Returns program. This means your customers can make hassle-free returns in-store and online.
- Include packing slips with all your items to streamline returns.
- Enable Return Rules and Keep It Rules in Seller Center
Quick facts about returns at Walmart
- This year, the Walmart Holiday Returns Guarantee will automatically apply to most items purchased from October 1 through December 31. Meaning, these products will be returnable through January 31, 2023. Learn more.
- In 2021, the highest return volume days were immediately following Christmas and returned to normal by mid-January. So, although the returns window has been extended, we don’t expect returns to increase.
- In a recent survey of 3,882 Walmart customers, 77% rated the importance of the return policy a 9 or 10 when purchasing a gift greater than $100. (Walmart Spark Panel, Omnibus Week 14)
Did you know…?
You can get support through email, Live Chat, or a phone call
If you haven’t already, there’s no better time to join Walmart Marketplace.
Reach millions this holiday season when you sell on Walmart.com—getting started takes just 3 simple steps.