As a Walmart Marketplace seller, you work hard year-round to provide customers with excellent products and customer service, but the holiday season is really your time to shine.
While plenty of consumers’ pre-holiday shopping is done last minute, that doesn’t mean you should procrastinate your preparation. We’re here to help! Discover everything you need to know about standing out and driving sales on Walmart.com this year.
Make a pricing list and check it twice…or three times
Prepare your catalog for the holidays by keeping a close eye on pricing and promotions.
- Ramp up inventory and monitor in-stock rate to avoid overselling
- Address any unpublished items in your catalog using the Unpublished Items dashboard
- Price competitively to win the Buy Box and re-price as needed
- Check out the Pricing Opportunities dashboard for winning price details
- Set up promotions and call out best-on-web deals with Reduced Price and Clearance flags and strikethrough pricing
Shine bright with a high Listing Quality score
Get your listings in sparkling shape to fuel sales, and take the guesswork out of it with the Listing Quality Dashboard.
- Check your score in the Listing Quality Dashboard
- Be sure to have clear Titles, Descriptions, Images, and Attributes for all your listings
- Include at least 4 high-resolution, professional photos
- Don’t forget 3-10 Key Features for each listing
- Become an optimization expert and learn how to achieve top performing listings on Walmart.com with the Listing Quality guide
What was under the tree last year?
Something for everyone…
purchased each week
purchased each day
purchased each week
Source: Walmart first-party data; April 2020. Reflecting November 1–December 31, 2019.
WHAT’S TRENDING THIS YEAR
Can’t-miss key categories
Holidays at home
Beauty & grooming
Tech & gaming
Sales & deals across the board
Give the gift of fast shipping
Fast & free delivery is a proven strategy to win more sales. Choose your preferred delivery program from our portfolio of fast-shipping solutions.
- Optimize your shipping settings with custom Shipping Templates for improved catalog performance
- Enable free TwoDay and ThreeDay delivery nationwide or regionally to improve your product visibility and conversions
- Diversify your portfolio of shipping carriers, or upgrade to better shipping methods
- Follow our packaging rules and ship same business day with valid tracking
- Prep for last-minute shopping and extend your shipping cutoff dates if possible
Use all-new Shipping Templates
Our gift to you: streamlined, customizable Shipping Templates that make shipping setup easy.
As a seller, you can customize your setup based on your fulfillment network, preferred shipping carriers, and assortment needs.
Drive conversion with faster shipping in regions where you can reach customers in just two days.
Flexible transit times
Delight customers by matching your delivery promise with the actual delivery time.
Monitor shipping carrier cutoff dates!
|Retail Ground||December 16|
|First Class||December 21|
|Priority Mail||December 21|
|Priority Mail Express||December 22|
|3 Day Select||December 19|
|Next Day Air||December 23|
|Ground - 4 day||December 17|
|Express Saver - 3day||December 18|
|2Day Delivery||December 19|
Stay on the ‘nice’ list
Customer service is even more important this time of year.
- Include packing slips with all your shipments to streamline returns
- Provide excellent customer service within 48 hours (including weekends)
- Track your performance using the Seller Scorecard in Seller Center and maintain your ODR
- Offer free return shipping and enable in-store returns
- Update your return policy with clear guidelines, contact information, and a longer return window to accommodate gift returns